Terms & Conditions
A few simple things so we both know what is what
As a small business, I’m are sure you understand how important it is that you pay the invoices that I send you promptly. I like to be able to pay my bills and sustain myself. Invoices are 7 day accounts unless payment terms have been negotiated prior to work commencing.
- Job value less than $1,000: 70% payment up front, 30% on completion, with the final payment being invoiced the day your site is released.
- Job value greater than $1,000: 60% up front, with the balance invoiced monthly in 3 equal amounts, with the final payment being invoiced the day your site is released.
- Special payment terms may be negotiated depending on your timeline or if there are unforseen delays during site development.
- Non-payment may make it awkward the next time you need work done so I really do appreciate you paying on time. If you do find you are having problems paying your account, talk to me and we can work it out.
- Unless otherwise negotiated, work will not commence until your deposit has been received; and access to your site login details will not be provided until final payment received.
- Your deposit is non-refundable once work has commenced.
Domain registration, SSL and hosting
- Billed annually with payment required up front for new clients unless costs are included in a website package.
- Continuing clients will be invoiced 14 days before the due date.
- 3 reminders are sent to the email address on file.
- Details about how to pay are included on each invoice.
- Non payment will potentially result in website unavailability.
Ad hoc jobs, eg: brochures and business cards
- 70% payment up front, 30% on completion unless otherwise negotiated.
- Payments for 12 months in advance attracts a 20% discount, eg $60 per month x 12 months = $720. Your discount will bring the cost down to $576 for the year.
- Payments can also be paid monthly, however if these fall into arrears, services will be discontinued until your account is brought up to date.
Non payment of your invoice for domain name registration, SSL and/or hosting will result in website unavailability, ie your website will be suspended until payment is received.
Suspension will generally commence 24 hours after 3 reminders have been sent to you after the invoice due date.
Non payment of any of your progress payments for website development will either result in (1) work on your site being suspended; or (2) your site won’t be “live” until payment has been received per payment schedule.
This can be a sticky issue and I really would much prefer to negotiate, so if you are having difficulty paying, I highly recommend you get in touch with me to discuss sooner rather than later. I really don’t like suspending accounts!
- I am generally available during normal business hours and as such, am contactable by phone or email. Outside of business hours, email is the best method of contact, however if urgent, I may be contacted by phone, and I will respond you as soon as practicable.
- If there are occasions when I know I will be unavailable for any extended period of time, I will endeavour to let you know.
- I will endeavour to respond to emails within 48 hours of receipt. If urgent, you should say so in the subject line of your message, or contact me by phone.
- If you have any issues with any aspect of your project, you should advise me in writing into as soon as possible. A response to any complaint can be expected within seven days of its receipt and any subsequent remedy implemented with the minimum of delay.